J here, with the promised write-up of our flavored vodka exploits. Let me start with a little disclaimer: This project in no way endorses consuming alcohol to excess. In fact, this very product has resulting in at least one case of cracked ribs that I'm aware of. Please, taste the rainbow responsibly.
That having been said, you want liquor that tastes like childhood, so let's do that.
You will need:
- Skittles. A lot of Skittles. This small amount took over a pound. Scale up from there.
- Vodka. A reasonable amount. I'll give the ratio in a bit, but the amount pictured above took approximately two full bottles of vodka.
- Empty containers. I use two sets so I don't have to clean them in between filtration (so, 10)
- Funnels. One or many. More is better.
- Coffee filters
- TIME. Skittle vodka takes a while to make. Be patient and don't drink it while making it.